Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bringing Awareness via A Summer White Party

The night began with welcoming smiles at a remarkable charity event in La Jolla, CA.  La Jolla is tucked in on the coast of California, and has a serenity about it, inviting you into it's calm and peaceful ways.  The residents are just as welcoming, as I walked into the backyard of three adjacent homes; greeted with twinkling lights on fairly like trees, walkways that seem to take you places you've only dreamed of leading one to a gazebo surrounded with a wall of ivy, and a rolling hill that when you stood atop it you were amongst a sea of white as the attendees were all asked to arrive in white.
Uniqueness was brought to this charity event as sponsors attended.  Some of the attendees supplied an open bar, Naked fruit juice was there, an artist was painting quietly on the side had paintings for auction, and the main attraction of the corporate attendees was the Alzheimer's Association as everything raised was being donated to this amazing association to raise awareness and funds.

Beginning to bring awareness is the first step, detecting Alzheimer's early could change lives, faster diagnoses and new therapies could make this disease manageable, like diabetes. www.alz.org

The entertainment was to die for, and I don't just mean that because I am secretly a rockstar, gangsta at heart; it was truly amazing!

The featured band that rocked the crowd with Reggae tunes? None other than Shoreline Rootz with their contagious sounds the crowd started swaying and moving to the beat. It was electrifying to see and be a part of. I have to admit, my inner Bob Marley was also present last night., but a more infused Bob Marley. With a mixture of rock, soul, reggae, and almost orchestra like sounds, this band has evolved and anyone would be blessed to be in their audience. http://www.shorelinerootz.com/fr_home.cfm

Also gracing stages and two other dance floors were the sounds of Scott Roberts, DJ Alan B, DJ fabian Repetto, DaddyKrabs, and DJ Eric.  There was definitely something for everyone. My favorites? If I had to pick just three, because one is impossible; would be Shoreline Rootz, DJ Fabian Repetto, and Scott Roberts.  I'm a not so secret Deadmau5 fan and when you are under blacklights and hear the sounds that Repetto is spinning, the dance floor was my stage as I closed my eyes and soaked up the sounds, Scott Roberts had the jams I work out too and those just send jolts of joy through me and I can't help but look like that girl on the floor, you know the one.. She's completely lost in the music and she's jumping up and down, fist pumpin', kicking her feet?  Yeah, 'That Girl' with the big smile on her face!! 

Everyone was feeling very special last night, the hosts did an amazing job of taking care of their guests, supplying every need imaginable, and bringing awareness to such a meaningful association.

Will I return? Absolutely! Because my goal is to always surround myself with people who don't suck the happiness out of me and who believe in paying it forward and have the follow through to do so. 

And everyone at www.ljsummerwhiteparty.com  were definitely pouring on the happiness and paying it forward.  I could feel it everywhere I walked, through everyone I met from plastic surgeons to photographers and volunteers.  From auctioning Bachelors and Bachelorette's, to buying paintings the hosts have it down to a science and I see continued success for many years to come.

Oh and yes I was even happy when my 5" heels  got stuck in that incredible rolling hill and I went down to my knee like The Thinker. Popping back up like a grasshopper, I noticed the security guard who saw me didn't even have time to take a full step towards me, this girl has skillzzz. Lesson learned.. 4" heels are probably better, or perhaps flip flops would be wiser.  That decision is yet to be determined for this heel fanatic. But I digress...

Pick your moments people, take the time to smile at everyone, live your days, and always give back.  Don't count the cost, just do it! When you give back, you live and thrive and isn't that what it's all about? Living and thriving in every moment you have? Defining greatness into your future!!

 Let's Connect! xo jd






No comments:

Post a Comment