Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Can Do All Things.. even 'put together' a computer!

Sometimes things in life which are seemingly normal for everyone else can be extraordinary for others.  Case in point. Today I am setting up a Dell desktop computer all by myself.  I have no software engineering degree although it would be terribly handy.  I even have no idea which plug goes where without following the arrow filled diagram or letting my 11 year old do it for me.  He did just that yesterday evening and he was brilliant!
Now why is this important for me to blog about..
Well, in every year of my adult life I have never purchased a desktop computer.... all ...  by .....  myself.  This is an event that has made me smile.  I gathered the research and always leaned towards a Dell as a friend of mine told me Dell desktops is the way to go.  This is my second computer purchase in a month; the first being a macbook pro; where I signed up for grand gestures of backwords pc world and have yet to get to the Apple store for my class.  But I did find an Apple expert whom I have latched onto. (Saved for another blog)

So as I download drivers, activate Microsoft Office, security stuff,  and stand back every now and then just to see the Dell; I am pleased with my ability.  That ability is being mastered and it is turning into a skill that will never leave me. But before you stop the presses to send me all kinds of questions on what to purchase know that google is an amazing resource for all things computer, Best Buy is great to.

I don't often want to do everything by myself.  I would really like someone here with me to serve more as a sounding board at this point then the pure companionship. Talking to one's self can get undeniably old.  And this Military wife has that down pat, the talking to oneself.. not the old part.

For now, today is my day of desktop glory!!
Pictures to follow, of course, at www.facebook.com/jdorsettkoch

The Dell Desktop I purchased from Best Buy thus far is perfect.  It's for my kiddos, their homework, their social aspects of life, their games, and of course their research (the apples don't fall far from the tree)!  Just click on the title.. and you'll see what I chose!  Side-note:  I received a 23" monitor with mine due to a misprint on an in store ad.  Best Buy has since taken the ad down.

And as always leave your comments and let's connect on The Facebook!  

No comments:

Post a Comment